|My loaf fresh out of the oven|
This banana bread is so simple and can be whipped up in a matter of minutes using storecupboard ingredients. I’ve used cups to cut down on washing up for this recipe.
Makes 1 large loaf (2 lb tin)
3 large bananas, mashed
1 1/2 cups plain flour (wheat flour, or 1 1/4 cups gluten free plain flour)
2 teaspoons baking powder
1/2 teaspoon bicarbonate of soda
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/3 cup sunflower oil
1/2 cup light brown soft sugar
1/3 cup milk (you can use soya or rice milk to make this cake vegan)
1/2 cup sultanas, walnuts, chocolate chips or cranberries
- Preheat the oven to 160C/ Gas Mark 3
- Grease and line a 2lb large loaf tin
- Combine the flour, baking powder, bicarbonate of soda and salt in a large bowl
- Whisk the oil and sugar together in a separate bowl. Add the mashed bananas and milk and combine evenly
- Add the dry ingredients and fold in gently.
- If you are adding any extras such as dried fruit or nuts, add them now and stir to combine evenly
- Pour the batter into the loaf tin and place in the oven. Bake for 40 - 45 minutes.